- A clear trifluoroprophylmethylsiloxane liquid that provides a lubricious and/or hydrophobic coating
- Available in standard viscosities of: 350 cP, 1,000 cP, and 12,500 cP.
- Custom viscosities available upon request
- Reduces friction between moving or sliding device components or against human tissue
- Used to lubricate the surfaces of molded dimethyl silicone elastomer parts
- For applications requiring a material that is highly water repellent and resists decomposition from heat and oxidation
|Appearance||Transparent||Transparent||Transparent to Translucent|
|Specific Gravity, Hydrometer
|Tissue Culture (Cytotoxicity Testing)||Pass||Pass||Pass|
These properties tested on a lot-to-lot basis. Please contact NuSil Technology for assistance and recommendations in establishing particular specifications.
NuSil® MED-400 may be considered for use in human implantation for a period of greater than 29 days.
2 Ounce (57 g)
1 Pint (455 g)
1 Gallon (3.64 kg)
5 Gallon (18.2 kg)
Safety Data Sheet
For Use With Foam Medical Implants: